Eagle Lake is an excellent getaway from the city. There are fun activities near Eagle Lake all year round. Located just over 100 miles from Chicago, it’s perfect for a quick weekend getaway. Rural, quiet, and lots of places to stay and eat. In a word, restful.
If you’ve thought about a second home near Eagle Lake or other lakes in Southwest Michigan, please give us a call. We can help you find the right home for you.
Eagle Lake is a great place to call home. Eagle Lake is under 30 minutes from all the action in South Bend and Notre Dame and less than 2 hours away from Chicago. It’s the perfect location to call home or, home for now!
Fun Activities Near Eagle Lake, MI
There are a lot of outdoor recreational opportunities in the Eagle Lake area. Fishing for largemouth bass is one of the favorite local activities.
Eagle Lake is close to Edwardsburg, a quaint village just 4 miles away and 55 miles away from Kalamazoo.
Eagle Lake Sailing Club
Just around Eagle Lake, nestled among the oaks, you will come across the Eagle Lake Sailing Club. With its history dating back to 1936, the club is known for its commitment to sailing.
If you are a sailing enthusiast, don’t miss the chance to experience the ultimate fun here! They offer annual events, sailing lessons, and races.
They are a member of the US Sailing organization, and the club hosts the sailing team at the University of Notre Dame as their practice facility.
Tabor Hill Winery and Restaurant in Buchanan
Buchanan is just 24 miles away, and Tabor Hill Winery is hosting a “Little Taste of Home Dinner Series.” It’s a comfort food presentation with a menu featuring food from different regions around the US. I love comfort food! It’s the best thing about winter.
The first dinner will be on January 28th and feature comfort food from the Midwest. Here’s part of the menu for this dinner.
- Potato & Cheese Pierogi – Cheddar cheese and potato-filled dumpling, pan-seared and served with sriracha sour cream.
- Twice Baked Potato Skins- Creamy, cheesy mashed potato, cradled in crisp salty skin.
- Toasted Ravioli – Breaded deep-fried ravioli, served with marinara sauce.
- Sweet Corn Fritter – Fried dough filled with pockets of sweet corn, served with sriracha sour cream.
- Kansas City Smoked Ribs – Kansas City rub, slow-smoked, glazed with a sweet and smokey b.b.q. sauce served with baked mac & cheese and grilled corn on the cob.
- Fried Walleye and Hush Puppies – Breaded and pan-fried golden brown, served with homemade hush puppies, Azteca blend, and seasonal vegetables.
- Breaded Pork Tenderloin – Berkshire pork tenderloin, breaded and pan-fried, topped with country pepper gravy, mashed potato, and seasonal vegetables.
- Cincinnati Chili – bucatini pasta, topped with a hearty slow simmered chili, three cheese blends, chopped onion, and garlic toast.
The menu for February will feature delicious items from the East Coast. Here’s a link to their website for more information. Click here.
The Eagle Lake community is small but it’s got a lot going for it. Lots to do in the regioin. If you’re looking for a home or second home in the area, please reach out to me. Click here for my contact info. I’ve been working in Southwest Michigan for years and specialize in lake homes.
Thanks for visiting!